Starting Rate: $12 per hour
Position Summary: Assist the thrift store manager in managing the day-to-day operations of ARFâ€™s Thrift Store including accurate cash handling and deposits, supervising and training of volunteer staff and stellar service for both customers and donors.
- Ensure â€śall-starâ€ť customer service and maintaining a clean and organized working environment.
- Encourage donations and extend ARFâ€™s gratitude to donors and customers alike
- Ensure accurate cash management, accurate daily deposit and reporting of cash receipts generated by store operations.
- Welcome, train and supervise volunteer staff and provide tools as needed for them to complete assigned tasks.
- Coordinate with ARFâ€™s thrift store manager and volunteer services director to retain volunteers, to identify roles for volunteers and to assist in developing volunteer job descriptions.
- Manage all thrift store operations in the absence of store manager or on shifts assigned.
- Coordinate acquisition, presentation, and pricing of all donated merchandise to maximize customer service and sales revenue as assigned.
- Report customer feedback to store manager to increase understanding of market needs and opportunities for improvement of store operations.
- Report the need for maintenance of all building functions at the store location (i.e., security, electrical systems, property management, refuse disposal and cleanliness) if problem occurs on assigned shift.
- Ensure that all ARF thrift store operations are in compliance with all Federal, State, and local safety regulations and laws, CAL OSHA and all ARF policies and guidelines.
- Create and maintain a 'safe' work environment for all staff, volunteers and customers. Train assigned volunteers on proper safety procedures as well as alerting them to hazards or potential hazards in the workplace. Follow established procedures governing safe work practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Allergic conditions, which would be aggravated when handling or working with animals, are a disqualification.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances (throughout the store).
Educational Requirements: Four-year college degree (Qualifying work experience will be considered as an alternative; on the basis that one-year of experience may be substituted for one year of education.)
Experience, Abilities and Qualities Required:
Prior supervisory and retail experience; and ability to manage store operations independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of retail, marketing, merchandising, and customer service techniques.
- Good organization and planning skills.
- Effective interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Comfortable and skilled in working with a culturally diverse staff, volunteers and donors.
- Effective communication skills to ensure effective store operations and professional customer service.
Immediate Supervisor: Thrift Store Manager
Hours: As needed to cover vacation, illness, and meetings for the Assistant Thrift Store Manager or Thrift Store Manager.
To apply: An employment
application is available for download. To apply for this job, please
send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to 925.977.9079 or mail to "ARF Jobs, P.O. Box 30215, Walnut
Creek, CA 94598".
Back To Top
Back to Job Opportunities
Back To About ARF
Back To Home